Some of our 15 minutes of fame
We have had several gallery shows to include:
"Plates and Palettes" at various galleries in Old Colorado City, CO
Arati Artist Gallery at 2425 W. Colorado Ave. Old Colorado City, CO
Studio 101 at 2609 W. Colorado Ave. Old Colorado City, CO
Auction Quilts include:
Cause 2010, 2011
FOB Summit County 2011
Invisible Disabilities Association (IDA) 2011
Invited to be an IDA Ambassador 09/2011
2011 Volunteer Honorable Mention Oct 2011 IDA
We have made it into multiple magazines likeThe Quilt Life Magazine August 2012, Newsweek, Washington Post, Denver Post, Unlimited Possibilities and Quilting Arts Magazine. My quilts have hung at the Denver Capital Building, many quilt shows, and one quilt was dedicated to the Veteran's Administration Medical Center in Denver. We are featured in a book, a documentary, and many web sites... We were even on CNN during the Thanksgiving Weekend because of the following link for the CNN Hero Award Nominee.
- Public Speaker for Quilt of Valor Foundation 2015
- Mentor & Annual Public Speaker for the Daniels Fund at Denver University 2011-Current
- Another Fork in the Road Panel Discussion:R4Alliance introduces the first Military Family Caregivers ProgramWith Jeanette Davidson-Mayer, Donna Donnell-Figurski and Juliet Madsen 12/12/14 http://www.blogtalkradio.com/talkingwithheroes1/2014/12/12/r4alliance-introduces-the-first-military-family-caregivers-program
- Another Fork in the Road Panel Discussion: “Talking with Heroes” with Bob Calvert, Jeanette Davidson-Mayer, Donna Donnell-Figurski and Juliet Madsen 11/12/14 http://www.blogtalkradio.com/braininjuryradio/2015/02/02/another-fork-in-the-road-interview-with-bob-calvert-host-of-talking-with-heroes
- Another Fork in the Road: Juliet Madsen, Brain Injury Survivor, USA Troop Radio Interview 5/17/2015
- http://www.blogtalkradio.com/braininjuryradio/2015/05/18/another-fork-in-the-road-juliet-madsen-brain-injur-survivor-usa-troop& http://survivingtraumaticbraininjury.com/2015/05/14/survivors-speak-out-juliet-madsen/
- Another Fork in the Road Panel Discussion – “All Disabilities Are Not Visible” Donna Donnell-Figurski , Catherine (Cat) Brubaker, Julie Kintz, and Juliet Madsen 7/6/15 http://www.blogtalkradio.com/braininjuryradio/2015/07/06/another-fork-in-the-road-panel-discussion-all-disabilities-are-not-visible
- "Another Fork in the Road" Panel - "Learning Accommodations After Brain Injury" With Donna Donnell-Figurski, Melissa Cronin, and Juliet Madsen 8/3/15 http://www.blogtalkradio.com/braininjuryradio/2015/08/03/another-fork-in-the-road-panel--learning-accommodations-after-brain-injury
- Another Fork in the Road Panel Discussion: Where Did All My Friends Go? With Donna Donnell-Figurski, Lisabeth Mackall, and Juliet Madsen Radio Interview 9/6/15 http://www.blogtalkradio.com/braininjuryradio/2015/09/07/another-fork-in-the-road-where-did-all-my-friends-go
- Designer for Fashion has Heart Non-Profit Veteran project, designing shirts, bag, and hiking boots promoting veterans and their injuries 05/ 2014.
- Public Speaker for Regis University- Veterans Literature Program 2010-Current
- Published The Quilt Life magazine, August 2012 pages 28-31.
- Invisible Disabilities Association Ambassador 2010- Current, IDA Volunteer Award 2011.
- Published a book through the Veterans Book Project: Object of Deployment: Juliet Madsen, Monica Haller editor, 2011. Available through Lulu.com
- KKTV Colorado Springs, CO “Using Art to Deal with PTSD” Report by Alyssa Chin 10/2011.
- Daughters of the American Revolution: Colorado’s Outstanding Veteran Volunteer Award 2010.
- Wounded Warrior Project, “Art Therapy Helps Heal Wounds” by Chris Wheeler 02/2010.
- The Daily Sentinel, “Disabled Vet Uses Quilting to Help Heal War Wounds” by BA Haller 02/2010.
- 2010 National Wheel Chair Games; The Veteran to carry the Torch to the caldron and light it, starting the games.
- Created, Developed, and Produced Ultimate Sew-In & Auction Denver, CO 2010 benefiting National Wheelchair Games hosted in Denver, CO 2010.
- Unlimited Possibilities Quilting Merit Scholarship Award 2009.
- CBS Pay-It-Forward AwardWinner 2009.
- Multiple Radio Interviews by Rick Crandall Studio KEZW 2009/2010.
- Colorado Outreach Award 2009.
- Americans Wartime Museum, “Profiles of American Service: Peter and Juliet Madsen” by Carly Wain 03/2009.
- CBS News “U.S. Soldiers Get Comfort in Pay It 4ward Project” Reported by Suzanne Carroll Denver, CO 2009.
- The Denver Post, “Porter: Sewing the Seeds of Kindness” by William Porter 02/2009.
- Veteran News, National Veterans Wheelchair Games, “Disabled Veteran’s Quilts to Benefit Other Disabled Veterans” 08/2009.
- Public Speaking at the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum 09/2012
- American Wartime Museum http://www.nmaw.org/profiles-of-american-service-peter-and-juliet-madsen/
- May 8, 2008 Prepared Statement of Ryan Kelly Committee on Education and Labor. Subcommittee on Healthy Families and Communities. U.S. House of Representatives
- LAWRENCE BRIDGES' MUSE OF FIRE book and documentary
- Colorado’s Outstanding Veteran Volunteer http://www.castlepinesconnection.com/pages/news/2010/qtr2/dar.html
- Special to the Grand Junction Sentinel
- Juliet Madsen of Parker quilts on a long-arm machine in her home. Quilting is her new calling, having been badly injured in 2004 while serving as a paramedic in Iraq.
- By Sherida Warner http://www.gjsentinel.com/lifestyle/articles/quilting_helps_iraq_war_vetera/
- Quilting helps Iraq war veteran heal wounds. Posted on February 23, 2010 by chris http://welovequilting.com/quilting-helps-iraq-war-veteran-heal-wounds/
- U.S. Soldiers Get Comfort In Pay It 4wars Project reported by Suzanne McCarroll http://cbs4denver.com/payit4ward/iraq.soldiers.stitch.2.837357.html
- Art Therapy Helps Heal Our Wounded WarriorsPosted on August 20, 2010 by Kris http://heartsdeployed.com/2010/08/20/military-creative-expressions-helps-heal-our-wounded-warriors/
- Disabled Veteran’s Quilts to Benefit Other Disabled Veterans http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:5ByjM2Ib6REJ:www1.va.gov/opa/speceven/wcg/news/pr-quilt.doc+juliet+madsen&cd=15&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
- Porter: Sewing the seeds of kindness By William Porter Denver Post Columnist Read more: Porter: Sewing the seeds of kindness - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/porter/ci_11621302#ixzz12IJCfbgn
- A Publication of the Paralyzed Veterans of America Mountain States Chapter Volume 54, Issue 1 FALL 2008 (page 8)http://www.mscpva.org/pdfs/scoop_fall08.pdf
- CNN Newsroom Transcripts http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0911/26/cnr.02.html
- National Endowment for the Arts/ Arts Mid West http://www.docstoc.com/docs/19967568/THE-NATIONAL-ENDOWMENT-FOR-THE-HUMANITIES-AND-THE-NATIONAL-ENDOWMENT-FOR-THE-ARTS-OVERVIEW-OF-PROGRAMS-AND-NATIONAL-IMP
- Thread Scarves: Juliet Madsen teaches at the Spring Retreat Dates: May 1-3, 2009 at Snow Mountain Ranch in Winter Park, CO http://www.coloradoquiltcouncil.com/images/2009SpringRetreatClassList.pdf
- Uhuru Quilters Guild, Seat Pleasant, MD http://www.uhuruquiltersguild.org/newsonline/sep08nwsltr.html
- Parker Chronical May 30, 2009 http://coloradocommunitynewspapers.com/articles/2009/06/12/parker_chronicle/news/05_cm_army_vet_pk_dc_ltv_elb.txt
- VFW Colorado http://www.vfwcolodept.org/coloveteran2Nov-09-10.pdf
- Quilting Arts Magazine June 2009 Artist's Issue
- Colorado Threads: Newsletter of the Colorado Quilting Council March 2009
Thank you for all the faith you have had in me and my work.